Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Maplecroft by Cherie Priest

Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What I'm Waiting On?


Maplecroft (The Borden Dispatches #1)
Maplecroft
Cherie Priest
Series: The Borden Dispatches #1
Paperback: 448 pages
Publisher: Roc Trade
Expected Release: September 2, 2014

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks; and when she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty-one....

The people of Fall River, Massachusetts, fear me. Perhaps rightfully so. I remain a suspect in the brutal deaths of my father and his second wife despite the verdict of innocence at my trial. With our inheritance, my sister, Emma, and I have taken up residence in Maplecroft, a mansion near the sea and far from gossip and scrutiny.

But it is not far enough from the affliction that possessed my parents. Their characters, their very souls, were consumed from within by something that left malevolent entities in their place. It originates from the ocean’s depths, plaguing the populace with tides of nightmares and madness.

This evil cannot hide from me. No matter what guise it assumes, I will be waiting for it. With an axe.


Why I HATE Waiting!


I don’t know that I can explain my great want for this book if you happen to not know who Lizzie Borden is…

Above is a picture of Lizzie at the age of 32. Lizzie was tried and acquitted for the axe murders of her parents. If you would like more info you can read her Wikipedia page.

I have been fascinated with Lizzie Borden since I first read about her as a teenage me. After reading the synopsis of Maplecroft I can’t wait to get my hands on this book so that I can start this horror series… In the day time… With the lights onWinking smile

Is Maplecroft on your to read list?
Can’t wait to see what books you are wanting this week?
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!