Sunday, March 16, 2014

Booked Beautiful: Bookish Tattoos

My sisters and I have recently been talking about getting matching tattoos. Going through lots, and LOTS of flashes and pics of actual sister tattoos to try and see if I could find something the five of us could agree on I found myself wondering about other tattoos for myself. From time to time I would end up looking at bookish tattoos. Now I don’t know that I will ever end with any of these on my body, but these are some of my favorites.


image  
I found this on Pinterest. I can’t find any other source for the picture. I love the placement of this and that the book is so flower like. I also love the simplicity of the black and white and the clean lines.


Alice in Wonderland Art Print
This is actually a print at society6.com. I think this would make a wonderful Alice inspired tattoo! Love it!


Alice sketch
This is a Pinterest find that I would love to find the source to. You know I love anything Alice. I think this would be an awesome back piece, and I would love to just buy a print.



I wouldn't do this but I think it looks great.
One more with a bit of Alice flare. I think this one is gorgeous, and perfectly placed as a spine tattoo.


The artwork from the poem “The Edge of the World” by Shel Silverstein from the book Where the Sidewalk Ends. My favorite book growing up and reminds me daily to never take things too seriously.
This is another Pinterest find. How much fun is this one?


The next few are for my Pride & Prejudice love
 Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen) - Literary Tattoo
Found on Pinterest.


Pride + Prejudice cover sketch by janey-jane


20140119_194538
My favorite P&P quote. I think this could make a lovely tattoo depending on script and placement.


Now for my Harry Potter fans
Art!


harry potter tattoo
Pinterest find.


Twitter / sarahcarinhas: OMG a Harry Potter tattoo ⚡ ...
Pinterest find.
Simple and awesome!

Those are just a few of my favorites. I could easily go by category and do a bookish tattoo post a week for months. It has been a lot of fun to see what people come up with for their book love. I love seeing how creative people can be.

Do you have a bookish tattoo?
If not, have you ever thought about getting one?
Happy reading and creating,
Signature

1 comment:

  1. I just found this post today, and wanted to let you know that that Alice drawing is actually a piece done by one of my greatest friends, Katie Woodger. Here is her art blog for you to explore - and you're right, a lot of people already have that illustration as a tattoo! http://katiewoodgerillustration.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/my-art-alice-painting-roses-tattoos.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!