Sunday, March 24, 2013

Children’s Review: Oh, the Things My Mom Will Do by Marianne Richmond

Oh, the Things My Mom Will Do

Title: Oh, the things my mom will do
Author: Marianne Richmond
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Hardcover: 32 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Release Date: April 2, 2013
ISBN-10: 140228215X
ISBN-13: 978-1402282157
Source: Netgalley/ Publisher
Goodreads   Amazon

With more than 325,000 copies sold of her last two books, Marianne Richmond is swiftly becoming a classic children's book author. Oh, the Things My Mom Will Do is a sweet, inspiring book that will speak straight to a parent's heart in the nuanced way we've come to expect from Marianne. Using heartfelt sentiments, Marianne showcases poignant moments that express the universal emotions all mothers feel. With Marianne Richmond's beloved artwork and insightful prose, this book beautifully illustrates what it really means to be a mom.

What I thought about it

Oh, The Things My Mom Will Do is about children doing things with their mom and what their mom does to help them.

Why I picked this book…

My dad picked this for me. He thought it would be a fun read and I got to get it from NetGalley. That was awesome because this book isn’t out yetSmile But, it comes out soon.

What I liked about this story…

I liked how they put lots of different children in the book with their moms. It was cool to see how different children and pets did special things with their moms. I really liked the illustrations! The artwork made the book very bright and went with the story well.

Would I recommend other kids read this book?

Yes! I would recommend Oh, The Things My Mom Will Do. I think kids and moms will love it. Watch out moms may cry. (Sometimes my mom cries in mommy-kid books.)

Have fun reading,
coollogo_com-146983415
 
4 Moons: This was great.
 
Reviewer
riah
Come back next Sunday for more kids reviews from an almost eight year old.






1 comment:

  1. Great review, Riah!
    The cover for this book is so pretty. I've pre-ordered it on Amazon :). And just like your mom, I cry every time I read a mommy-kid books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!