Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (40)


Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick this Week!

Ashen Winter (Ashfall, #2)

Title: Ashen Winter
Author: Mike Mullin
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Tanglewood Press
Release Date: October 16, 2012
ISBN-10: 1933718757
ISBN-13: 978-1933718750

It’s been over six months since the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano. Alex and Darla have been staying with Alex’s relatives, trying to cope with the new reality of the primitive world so vividly portrayed in Ashfall, the first book in this series. It’s also been six months of waiting for Alex’s parents to return from Iowa. Alex and Darla decide they can wait no longer and must retrace their journey into Iowa to find and bring back Alex’s parents to the tenuous safety of Illinois. But the landscape they cross is even more perilous than before, with life-and-death battles for food and power between the remaining communities. When the unthinkable happens, Alex must find new reserves of strength and determination to survive.(Goodreads)

Why I’m Waiting

Y’all, I want to get my hands on this book so bad!!! I was totally blown away by Ashfall. It was one of those dystopian reads that just does not leave you when you have stopped reading it. I can’t wait to see if Alex and Darla are OK, and what they are going to do to find the rest of Alex’s family.

Are you excited about Ashen Winter?
What are you waiting on?
Signature

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I haven't read Ashfall yet but I really like the cover of its sequel! Loved the hands and the colours. I'm going to try to read it soon so I can read the sequel too.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Ashfall yet, but the more I hear about it the more I think I should and soon. This sounds like it will b good too, great pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Ashfall yet, but perhaps I'd get to it when I get some free time :)

    New GFC follower here ;)

    And here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your 600 Followers! I'm a new LinkyFollower! :)

    I love the cover and title of the book, and the blurb sounds really intriguing, too! Haven't read Ashfall, yet. :( Argh!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh for some reason that cover just freaks me out. The story sound great though! Great choice :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Haven't heard of this one, but it looks interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hadn't actually seen the cover for this yet. nice! i am actually writing up my review for ashfall right now. i totally want to know what happens next even though it was nail bitingly tense. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!