Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games Mini Movie Review & Midnight Show Fun


Let me start this review out by saying, like most people who go into a movie that comes from a book they love, I have a hard time separating the two. Having said that I went into The Hunger Games movie knowing it was not going to be what I had pictured in my head as I read The Hunger Games the book.

I thought all the costuming and special effects were done well, especially when it came to the room that was running the game. That was amazing!

I was surprised that I ended up liking all the actors that played my favorite characters from the book. I really liked Peeta, played by Josh Hutcherson, I thought he did an amazing job. I also thought Caesar Flickerman, played by Stanley Tucci, was awesome.

I loved everything with Peeta and Katniss together on camera! I honestly did not think they where going to work for me but they totally did.

My big problem with the movie was this: Lack of emotion. Yes, the Reaping scene was well done, and just after when Katniss has to say goodbye to her family I did feel for her and her family. But, I felt like everything was so rushed after that I had no time to digest or care much about it. Even the deaths where to quick. I would have liked a lot more development.

Now don’t get me wrong I enjoyed this movie. I think anyone can appreciate The Hunger Game, if you have read the book or not. In fact from the group I was with, the guy that had not read the book enjoyed it the most.

Happy Watching,
Signature

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before The Movie Fun


101_3144101_3145
This is actually one of my sisters. Is this shirt she made not awesome!!! She already has people at her school placing orders:)

101_3147101_3148   
I thought this girl did an awesome job making her bracelet. She said it only took her about an hour.

101_3146       
Lots people wanted to make sure everyone knew who's teem they where on.

101_3150 
Our leading couple. How awesome do they look!

101_3149
Seneca Crane! How great does he look?!?!

101_3152
These guys went all out!

I loved seeing all the different t-shirts and costumes. Some people really got into it and made the midnight premier so much more fun. 

Have you been?
Did you have a good time?
Signature

7 comments:

  1. So great that all those people participated in the fun of the midnight showing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see it tonight. I'm very excited. Whilst I am not dressing up I hope some people do. Great photos and review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that you had all those characters! My thoughts on the movie were similar. Here is my review: http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/03/first-impression-of-hunger-games-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun. I can't help but laughing a little over people who dress up THAT much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome. Mike and I went too. Drove two hours to meet up with friends in Raleigh, then didn't get home until 5am this morning. *sigh* I'm too old for that! Anyway, we didn't have anyone dressing up in our theater - in fact, we didn't have any young people in our theater! Everyone was basically college-aged or older! So everything I'm seeing today with pictures like this or about squealing young kids is not at all our experience!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had an AMAZING time!! I love all the dressing up! (For some reason? I always forget to do that for premieres... I'm so boring!! )

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!