Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Opal Fire (Stacy Justice Mystery #1) by Barbra Annino

Opal Fire (Stacy Justice Mystery #1)

Description

Stacy Justice did not expect to be set on fire that night, but being raised by witches prepares one for life's little surprises. In fact, she isn't the least bit shocked when her cousin is accused of arson, or when her divorced grandparents sign up for a marriage retreat, or even when her own boyfriend hauls her off to jail. But when a decades-old secret is discovered within the walls of her cousin's bar, even Stacy is rattled. Now, someone wants her dead and she finds herself dodging angry motorists, exploding chickens and a very creepy man who lurks around every corner. As she begins to dig up the past, Stacy learns that even those closest to her have something to hide--and she's about to discover a destiny she never imagined. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: Opal Fire
Author: Barbra Annino
Genre: Paranormal Mystery
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace
Release Date: June 28, 2011
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1463609337
ISBN-13: 978-1463609337
Source: Author

Review

I had a lot of fun reading Opal Fire! Opal Fire was a nice break from most of the paranormal that I’ve been reading--there were no vampires, wares, or the fey. Opal Fire is an enticing mystery with lots of witchin' good antics.

Stacy Justice is working at her cousins bar when a fire breaks out. Stacy and her huge dog just barely make it out with their lives. Stacy is also a journalist and is put on the Opal Fire story…well OK she puts herself on the story. I was completely entertained reading Stacy’s character. She went from one disaster to the next, always just scraping by before peril ensues. I also love Stacy’s sarcastic nature and quick wit. I would say that I wanted Stacy’s dog as well, but after reading about said dog's nap time…lets just say I changed my mind. (Read the book to find out  what I’m talking about!)

I loved all of Stacy’s family, especially the Geraghty Girls. The Geraghty Girls consisted of Stacy’s grandmother, Birdie, and her two great aunts, Fiona and Lolly. These women are all-powerful witches in their own right and they all had me in stitches. I would love to read a prequel that was all about the hijinks of these women in their younger years.  

I thought Ms. Annino did a wonderful job in creating a small town were I felt like everyone would want to be in everyone's business. The pace was upbeat which kept with the fun. By the end I definitely wanted the bad guy to be hit by a bus, (If you read my reviews you know by now it’s important for me to hate the villain.) a bus is always my weapon of choice I have no idea why:)

If your looking for something fun to beat the monotony, you should read Opal Fire. I know I will be continuing the series.

Happy Reading,
Signature

Awesome! Reread worthy.

Recommended For
Teen and Up: For some violence, and language.

Other Books in this Series
Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!